Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Wednesday, 01 April 2020
  11 Replies
  8.5K Visits
Votes
Undo
Excel easily does this natively, by going to View-New Window, but with Office tab (14) installed I can't seem to get this to work.

To clarify, I'd like to open the "same" Excel Workbook in two different windows, so I can work on two different worksheet at the same time.

I can work around it obviously by saving one worksheet into a new separate file, but that seems like an unnecessary extra step.

Hoping for an answer right away.

Thanks,

Kris...
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I'll try it, at least until Kutools fixes this, it's a good workaround. I will have to close all my worksheets except for the one I need to duplicate.

It's an improvement!

Thank you for not giving up on this :)(
Not sure if this is any good but it sort of works around the prob:

on open worksheet, go to View --> New window
I then see two tabs for the same workbook next to each other with different numbers in the names
Then go to View --> click 'view side by side'
This then opens two versions and I can drag one onto the second monitor. (it does seem to close down the tabs add in though)
If you click 'view side by side' again, it goes back to before
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Does not work. Ctrl + N creates a new book, not a new window of the same book.

Normally I would choose -View, -New Window, then I get the same workbook open in two tabs, but in the same window.

I want to see the same workbook in two different windows, in my case, each on a separate monitor.

This is easily done in Excel, without office-tab installed.

I guess I can disable office-tab temporarily, then re-enable it. Seems like that option should be avoidable :)
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I asked about this in April, and somebody named Jay Chivo said it wasn't supported.

Seems like a very basic thing to be able to view and work on the same file in two windows.

When will this be addressed?
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
See three screenshots below.

The option to "Open in New Window" is not available!

What is the workaround???
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Could you please try to take some screenshots to demonstrate the issue? Or please contact us via . Thanks in advance.
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Frustrating, isn't it?
Sorry - ignore previous, it's not working
View - New window works fine for me - I'm using Office 2019
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I realize this, but with office tab installed it didn't work. Does this work for you with Office Tab installed?
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Press CTRL+N to create a new winodw. Excel designates multiple windows of the same workbook by appending a colon and a number to the file name on the title bar. Switch to the new window, and then click a sheet that you want to view. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each sheet that you want to view in a window.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.